Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Monday - March 15th, 2010

We started our day off hopeful. Ready for whatever quest the day might bring. It was a beautiful 68 degrees out and it was only 10:00 in the morning. The day looked very promising. As we looked at our list of adventures ready to cross another one off the page we decided on Julian, a town about an hour and some away best known for there famous pies. This would be a good day trip and the weather could not be more perfect! After a bit of goofing around we got ourselves ready for the day.
We decided that this is what Miles will look like once he gets his hair in. Too funny.
Our first stop was at In-N-Out. We just went through the drive through so we could continue on our way.
We made our way up the mountains to Julian and soon realized that are once hopeful day of sunshine and pies was looking more like gloom and lost hope. The clouds soon took over the sky and our hearts. What the? Anyway...

By the time we got to Julian it was pouring down rain. Great. We figured we had come this far we had to enjoy it. So we ventured out into the storm.

We stopped by my favorite candy store to pick up a few sweet treats for the road.
Then off to enjoy a root beer, apple cider and a hot fudge brownie sundae. Miles was good only if we held him, which was fun. Good thing he screamed a lot, it always makes the time so pleasant. After feeling totally defeated and bummed we decided to head back to the car to figure out what was next.


After accessing the options we decided to head home. What a fun day. We felt totally depressed. The weather stunk, Miles was a grouch and we were tired. What started out as 68 degree weather was now a dreary 40 degrees.
On the way home, I drove because Mike was to depressed to drive. As Miles slept in the back and Mike went in and out of sleep I thought about the days of past, when we could do whatever the freak we wanted to for as long as we wanted to and whenever we wanted to. I continued the drive home enjoying my bubble gum cigarette and also was reminded of how blessed I am. As I looked over at Mike sleeping and heard Miles snoring in the back I realized that I wouldn't want it any other way. Life is good no matter what.

5 comments:

julie said...

oh man, Joni, this post is hilarious! I laughed out loud! haha. man, what a bummer.

julie said...

also, sweet jacket! I miss you so much!

Jamie said...

Yay another Monday post!

You can make the worst days sound so funny. Thanks for that.

Josh Jackson said...

Beautiful Joni! I loved the way you wrote that - I could feel your emotions ebb and flow through the day.

I loved the B/W photo of Mike and Miles!

Julie and I stopped in Julian on our PCT hike. I wonder if she remembers that?? :)

Gwen Jackson said...

okay, Dad and I just sat and read this one together. I guess I'm discovering this one late. Somehow I missed it.

I could barely read the words because I was laughing hysterically in Panera! Joni, you make us laugh across the miles. Thanks for the laughter today. I needed it!