Sunday, February 21, 2010

Monday - February 15th, 2010

While most of the world is getting back to their "Mundane Monday" work week, the three of us are off to live another adventure. Jealous? You should be. But don't worry, you can live vicariously through us today on your "Mundane Monday." Today we head off to the great (6) Balboa Park. Josh (brother) and Stella (niece) would be joining us today! They drove down from Pasadena to be with us for our adventure. Once again, we were glad to have the company. Balboa Park took all of 5 minutes to get to. It is here in San Diego and we live only 2.1 miles from it. Balboa Park is the nations largest urban cultural park. Home to 15 major museums, renowned performing arts venues and beautiful gardens as well as the San Diego Zoo, which we will visit at another time. It is spectacular. It was another beautiful day in San Diego and therefore a perfect day for a stroll in the park.
Beautiful fountains



Breathtaking architecture
Josh and I in front of the gardens

At the end of the day, a little stop at the kids park. Miles loves his cousin Stella and followed her wherever she went. They are such good friends, even though they hit each other. :) It was Miles' first time on a swing and he was in love. Flying through the sky he could not control his excitement and belly laughed the whole time. What a kid.




I said is once and I'll say it again. What a kid.

5 comments:

Josh Jackson said...

I wish we could join you every Monday! That park is incredible!

Miles is such a little cutie!

Gwen Jackson said...

Joni - I love reading about your Mondays. Great writing for your blog description.

What great pictures. So fun to see Josh and Stella join your Monday excursion. I wish I could have heard Miles belly laugh on the swing. What a kid! :)

Jamie said...

It looks so fun! Wish we could have joined you all. Evee's looking with me going "Miles and Stella are my cousins" and then saying everyone's names - including "grandma" in the comment section.

So glad to be part of your world through this blog! It also makes me want warm weather!!!

julie said...

oh boy. i love the photo of miles and stella on the swing... they look like they're having a conversation. and miles looks like he's having a blast! i wish i could come for mondays! miss you!

Sara said...

I just came across your blog! CUTE pics of the baby!! I have a 6 year old baby brother and I love him so much, I still get all gooey over babies, lol :D